I'm going to be 25 in 3 days, and let me tell you, I'm pretty damn excited. I'm going to be moving from the 16-24 age bracket, into the 25-44, and that pleases me greatly. I'm tired of being bunched with the retarded 16 year olds lol.
And whilst I am very excited about my new soon to be acquired age, I'm also slightly on edge.
I'm not sure what I expected or even still expect at 25. I'm not sure I've ever put any thought into 25. I remember thinking about being 21, but that seems to be where my age related ambitions ended, and where real life ambitions took over. It seems like my life at the moment is just drifting, rather than set on a direct course. This drifting could take me anywhere, and that does worry me a bit.
21 had the dreams, the years between were anything and everything, and 25, well 25 seems to be where the crunch begins.
As a youngster, I never dreamed I'd travel, my ultimate dream was just to get the hell out of high school, anything beyond that seemed like something very distant that I didn't much delve into.
So I've travelled.
My first experience of living separately from my parents, was that of a flat in London. So I think I did pretty well (even if it took me 9 months to get into said flat?).
And I've moved around countries. And travelled around other countries. And now I'm glad to be home (even if I miss those countries, and the awesome people within them).
I've somehow managed to score myself a pretty sweet job, that allows me to wear jeans and sneakers, pays me well, and of course, in this current climate (OMGZ ENDZ OF DE WORLDZ!!), is quite stable. I also have pretty cool co-workers, so I can't complain on that front either.
I have a terrific boyfriend, who still seems to inspire wonder in me, even after almost 4 years of being totally immersed in each other (travel does this). And whilst I feel for all those gorgeous, amazing single ladies out there, I do feel slightly smug at having managed to pick up someone I think to be a fantastic catch.
Even if he's dragging his feet on marriage, and babies, and more kittehs lol.
And speaking of kittehs, I have those too. My own little furry family, whom I love very much (yeah, I changed that subject from babies to kittehs pretty fast, didn't I?).
I have a wonderful, growing family for which I feel very grateful for. I have amazing friends, who always know how to cheer me up, without trying or even realising that that's what they're doing.
But I still feel slightly at a loss.
Not that it really matters, but what was I supposed to have done by now? Am I suppose to be a home owner (hee-hee)? A mother? A wife?
Whilst that question doesn't bother me much, I do wonder about it. What was your life like when you turned 25, and how has it changed since then? And if you haven't hit the mid mark yet, what are you expecting 25 to bring?
Currently*, it's not the getting old that bothers me, it's the getting old and missing out that's my main concern.
The next 5 years of my life are bound to be interesting ones, so if I was you, I'd stay tuned.
I'm jumping on the roller coaster, and I won't be getting off until I hit 40. So wish me luck!
Hope to see you all on the other side of life. Or, ya know, when I blog next..
*Yeah, we all know that's gonna change!