My birthday was fantastic. Brunch with family, then lounging around in the PJ's with cake and DVD's. Lovely.
I don't FEEL any older, but I am finding it a bit hard to come to terms with the fact that I'm now 25. I remember when my sister turned 25 and thinking "Holy, that's old".
Well, looks like that's come back to bite me in the ass. Oh well.
I don't feel like I can put things off much longer. I need to start wasting my money on anti-wrinkle creams. I need to start looking after myself. I need to start thinking about what I want for my future, and when I want it. I know this isn't at all dire, but I do feel like I've come over a hill only to find it's even harder on the other side.
And whilst what I said may sound negative, or full of fucken pressure, there will always be good things about turning a year older.
So for this year, I have come out of it with a brighter, tougher outlook on my life. I generally don't take shit from anybody, but now, since turning 25, I've decided everybody can go suck it if they think I'm going to listen to long lectures about how I should live my life. Every loser that thinks they can be rude to me, is going to find out pretty quickly that they can't. Anybody that thinks I'm going to sit back and watch them get a free ride, is going to soon be awakened by a swift, dull blow to the back of the head, served up by yours truly.
And most importantly, whilst I try very very hard to not take anybody for granted, I'm going to start to make an even more concerted effort to show appreciation for and to those I love.
Strange turn of events, but I guess I always knew that with age comes a shiny new armour in which I can hide behind and demand SERVICE! RESPECT! ATTENTION!
I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit on the respect part, but it seems to be heading that way.
One day I'm going to be that old lady you see in the supermarket, telling the store manager how back in her day, the youngins were taught respect, then discreetly petting the kitty hiding in her handbag.
And maybe stealing a bag of oranges on the way out of the store.
I find that incredibly amusing lol.
Other than my recent decay, there hasn't been much else on. My best friend's 17 year old sister had her baby yesterday, in her mother's hallway, after thinking that she just needed to go to the toilet. Thank god for Sara, the other sister, otherwise it may have been a water birth, if you catch my drift.
This Sunday we're doing the City 2 Surf, which is a 12km run/walk. I think my ass is going to be sore come Monday morning, and I'm probably going to be extremely tired, which isn't because of the walking, but rather because..
WE'RE SEEING KINGS OF LEON ON SUNDAY NIGHT.
Yep, gonna motherfucken rooooooooooock.