This girl I know needs some shelter

Okay, so does anybody here have an iPod? As you may have read in my previous post, I'll be getting a brand new shiny iPod nano (4th gen!) for my birthday and I'm having trouble deciding what kind of case to get (because I don't want to scratch it up within the first month).

I've picked out the pretty purple pod, which I freakin' love, and don't really want to cover up. I would go silicon case, but even the "clear" ones dull the colour, which sucks. So I'm thinking probably a hard shell plastic one, but then I don't know. Waaaah. Who knew owning an iPod would be so difficult lol.

Here are my options (I may just get all of them, and see which one I like best lol):

This is a silicone case with a built-in cable management feature, as you can see in the picture. The features are:

- Made of high-quality, flexible and durable silicone
- Retain the sleekness of your nano without adding bulk
- Unique integrated earphone holder function (safely store your earphone cables with your new case)
- Openings for the dock connector, charger, and screen are precisely cut to allow full access
- Hold Switch, Headphones and Dock Connector are very accessible with case still on
- All slots are accessible without removing the case. Which means your iPod is fully functional while still in the case.
- Easy to use and install
- Durable and washable

The cons to this one are the screen isn't protected (with the hard shell ones, most of them have protected screens), and the silicone dulls the colour. The pros are the fact that it's silicone, and it has the nifty earphone holder.

This is a hard clear plastic case with a belt clip. Do you think the belt clip would be beneficial? I doubt that I'd be walking around with it clipped onto my pants, but I suppose it could be good to clip to the insides of my pockets (like in jackets, handbags, etc). The features are:

- Highest quality impact resistant polycarbonate shell
- Shock absorbent and Shatterproof.
- Perfectly form fitted to iPod nano
- Total access to headphone port, hold switch & dock connector
- Open access to click wheel
- Built in LCD Screen protection (provides full protection of your iPods LCD display)
- Easy Installation - snap together design
- Built-in belt clip - attach securely to you belt or pants

The cons to this one is the belt clip, but then again, that could be a pro. I haven't decided whether it's a good thing to have or not, any ideas? Pros are that the screen is protected, and it's clear and shiny, so I can still see my pretty purple pod.




And then the last one, which is pretty much identical to the one above, except it doesn't have a belt clip.


They're all around the same price, so that's of no concern to me.

I'm still going to get a screen and wheel protector, no matter the case I pick, and then of course, whatever the case, it'll all be snug within a pod sock of some variety. Yeah, I'm a tad overprotective lol.

Alternatively, instead of a case, I could just get a fully body protective film, but that really only prevents scratches, rather than knocks and tumbles.

There are other options, but they're too expensive or ugly or I just don't plain like 'em.

So what do you think?