I don't have a particular style. I don't crave or covet expensive designer items. I'm happy in jeans and a kooky top, cute sneakers and perhaps a shrug or cardigan. I guess I'm pretty boring when it comes to clothes lol. I believe in classics, in bright colours, in Bateau necklines, v necks, three quarter sleeves, flared dark jeans, flat shoes. I have some turtle necks, but that style can often not suit my frame. I absolutely hate round necklines, that cling to your neck. I feel choked and look totally ridiculous with my large boobage lol.
I absolutely adore cardigans of any variety. I think they are an awesome extra to any item, and can be easily thrown into a handbag to add to any less than warm top.
I have roughly ten pairs of jeans, most of which are dark and flared. I do have a grey pair, which are lovely, but not so good in wet weather (if you catch my drift). I don't own any work trousers, because I work in a very casual office (today I'm wearing an owl t-shirt with jeans and red hi-top chuck taylors). I own one skirt, which is new, and is still sitting in it's original bag, on my bedroom floor lol. My legs are so white, they usually glow, so the skirt option for me is not a last minute decision, it needs to be planned well in advance with some sort of tanning lotion. I would say that I'm probably the complete opposite to Karina on the whole skirt thing lol.
My shoe collection contains mostly sneakers, all in differing colours. I have a couple of pairs of heeled shoes (this including my delicious Fluevogs), which don't seem to leave the closet much. I'm a firm believer in good quality footwear, tho that doesn't mean spending hundreds on a pair of shoes, but rather making sure the shoe you want, is actually worth what they're asking, and worth wearing for ANY amount of time.I'm currently on the look out for some sexy knee high boots, but haven't had much luck. I have horribly chunky calves, which hinder this process (fuck you calves!).
I fucken love coats, and have an ever growing collection. Winter is almost my favourite season, due to the fact that I can bring out my sweet winter coat collection, which includes my awesome red coat that I picked up for $3 at Value Village in Vancouver. I still wish I could have kittens in the pockets..Overall I think my style is about feeling comfortable, and being true to the person I at least feel I am. My clothes reflect my personality, and whilst I may thing my style is boring, I certainly don't think I am lol. I love weird, unusual items, crazy tops with bright, solid colours (tho don't get me started on weird patterns). I believe in tones, rather than colours, so I don't limit myself to certain colours just because of bullshit rules (redheads should never wear red - yeah right!).
I don't think you should ever restrict yourself from certain stores just because of the demographic they're aimed at. I've gotten some of my best clothing from stores that would otherwise be labelled as "granny" stores. Sure there is a lot of junk there that I cringe at, but you just have to be willing to rummage the racks, there's usually something worth buying (and cheap because the grannies don't like the younger styles! Exceeeellleeent!).
What's your style?