I'm taking a small break from the editions (still have accessories and handbags to come!) so I can talk about my girls.
No, not my boobs, jeez. My kittehs.
I realise that I haven't really introduced them, altho I do often talk about them in passing. They each have very different personalities, which I absolutely love. They are awesome. And cute. And sweet. And I still love them even though they sometimes smear faeces on the carpet, wake us up at 3am, or leave claw marks in our lounge suite.
All the horrible, annoying things are outweighed by the happiness I get from having them in my life, the love they let me give them, and give in return, and the joy of having crazy kittehs streaking around the house, making me laugh, even on a bad day. They are a major (spoilt) part of our family.
Nanaimo
Nanaimo was named after the Nanaimo Skytrain Station in Vancouver, which I'm guessing was named after the place rather than the delicious treat lol. We always knew we'd have a cat named Nanaimo, it's such a cool sounding name. Her nicknames are Nema, Nai, Nai-Nai, Nemo, Naimo, Fluffy Jumbo, Jub-Jub, McRound, McRoundy Face, Roundy-Kitty.
Nanaimo is the biggest out of our three, she's Jemima's bio sister, and tho she is bigger than Jemima, I still think Jemima may be the oldest out of the two. Nanaimo was one of the roundest kittens I'd ever seen. I'm not sure how to describe the roundest, it wasn't fat, but just round. Nanaimo spends most of her time snuggled on a bed, asleep or at the food dishes, hoovering up all the food (she prefers crackers to wet food). She has seriously thick fur, that could only be described as being a pelt, it's amazing to touch. I always love rubbing my face across her fur, or rubbing her belly (it's extra soft there!), even though she hates that. She doesn't really like to be picked up, but she loves to be petted, and cuddled (when she's sitting somewhere on her own). She doesn't have a very loud mew, and she doesn't do it often, but when she does, it's the sweetest little mew ever.
She's not big on toys, but she does have a couple of favourites. Her current favourites are the now broken laser pointer and the totally awesome Catit Senses Play Circuit. She loves treats, "treats" being a word she knows and will complain if you use it without giving her any. She's a big sniffer, and has to sniff everything, including you, before she lets you pat her.
She's a very shy cat, but very affectionate. She shows her love by rubbing her face on your feet in the morning, which I like to call "buffing the feetz". She's really more of a Daddy's girl, and snuggles up to Bjorn for most of the night, trying to score a piece of his pillow for her head. Such a sweet big puss.
Jemima
Jemima is named after Aunt Jemima's ANYTHING. Awe man, so delicious lol. Her nicknames are J.G-Mo, Jemma, Mima, Memo, Slink-a-mo, Squeak-a-mo.
Like Nanaimo, Jemima was a very round kitten, but unlike Nanaimo, she grew out of this, and is now a very slender, silky kitty. Jemima is quite shy, and can be a bit skittery. She seems like quite a wise kitty, which makes me think that she's the eldest of the sisters.
She has very soft, silky fur. On first glance she looks like quite a delicate short haired cat, but she's actually quite solid, and her fur is thicker than a normal short haired. She doesn't quite have the pelt-like fur Nanaimo has, but it is quite thick. We put this down to the fact that their mother was wild, and their first couple of weeks were spent outside in a cardboard box.
Jemima is the hunter of the family. She's very fast, and will almost always catch anything you tease her with (including hands, which means a lot of scratches if you're not fast enough). Her favourite game is attack-the-hand-down-the-side-of-the-sofa, and will play it even if you're just sticking your hand down there to get something that's fallen down the side lol. She's not a big eater, but she loves treats like the others.
She has a very squeaky mew, and if you ask her nicely, in a high pitched voice, she'll talk to you with it. She's also a Daddy's girl, and usually hides in the bed until Bjorn gets home (it annoys me to no end lol). She loves getting into the bed, and snuggling up right next to you, and often gets into the bed even when you're not in it (so you can just see a lump under the blankets). She doesn't like raised voices, even excited ones, and will run up to you and squeak as if asking what the problem is. It's very cute.
Out of our three, she loves to get petted the most. She'll harass you and headbutt you in the eye if you stop when she wants more. She also loves to get brushed, and complains in the same fashion if you stop before she's ready for you to.
She can be a bit of a trouble maker, with the likes of scratching up carpet and with her large, expressive eyes, it always seems like she's out to make mischief, when really she's probably quite innocent - or at least that's what she's lead us to believe..
Aubrey
Aubrey is named after the song Aubrey by Bread. It's a beautiful song, just like she's a beautiful cat. Her nicknames are Aubs, Aubee, Aubee-Aubs, Midget, Bubba kitty.
It's hard to not have a favourite, when you find a cat that is totally and utterly your kitty soul mate. This is how I feel about Aubrey.
Aubrey is our youngest, and is definitely the annoying little sister of the three. She's very talkative, and has a very impressive little motor, which is running about 95% of the time. She is the most affectionate and trusting. She's also the most curious, and even if something scares her (like my hair dryer) she'll still come up and have a nose at it. She's quite a small cat, which leads her to have such nicknames as midget, mini kitty, micro puss, mini-micro, etc.
She loves routine, which means you have to feed her around the same time each day, otherwise she goes into full-on annoy mode, which is loud mewing, face licks, face bites, sitting on the face, scratching of carpet, walls, mats. Serious over the top annoyance. She'll even rile up the other two just to get a bite. She also demands we go to bed, when she wants to go to bed, which is both cute and quite annoying - especially when she's demanding it at 7pm.
She loves to be around people, so wherever you are, she has to be there too, even if that's on the toilet - she sits on the partition that separates our toilet and laundry, then mews and bats her paw at you from above lol. She's up there when you're in the shower as well, peering over the top of the cubicle, with loud mews that sound like "Get out of there, that box has WATER in it!"
She loves pretty much any toy, but her favourite game is fetch with her pizza tables (the small plastic pieces in the middle of pizzas to keep the lid off the pizza). She also adores boxes, and bags, and laundry baskets. Empty one of those (or actually don't empty lol), and she's in it, ready to play.
Unlike the other two, she's very much a Mummy's girl, and whilst she loves Bjorn, she definitely favours me. I can't say that I hate that lol. She sleeps next to me on the bed, or in between Bjorn and I. She bites and licks your face in the morning when she wants you to wake up, and won't leave you alone, even if you push her away and hide under the blankets, until you get out of bed. She loves to be picked up and carried around, tho she's a bit hyperactive, so can't stay in one place for long (which means a lot of ups and downs).
She's a very bratty cat, but is extremely intelligent. She likes people to talk to her, and I'm sure she understands it all in her own way. She's very forgiving, and loving. You can always count on a cuddle from her, which is always nice at the end of the day.
I could probably talk about these kitties all day long, so I guess I should stop now. I'm sure you've all got an overload of them, and probably don't need to know anymore nitty-gritty. I just wanted to share :)
Who do you have waiting for you at home?





