NOTE: Yep, a seriously long entry, so feel free to just look at the pictures and read further if you're interested. I can imagine it'd take at least an hour to read all of this lol.
-------------------
Okay so that was seriously a weekend and a half. I'm still trying to recover, so I won't be writing about it today. Instead I'll be giving you a tour of my handbag collection. Enjoy :)
This is the box that houses all my handbags. It's a bit too cramped, so I'm currently looking into a better housing solution. Something hanging, like those you see on walls or backs of doors, won't work in my house, where we have naughty, destructive cats that enjoy a good swing on something that hangs. So that idea is out that window.
Then there's the idea of some sort of shelf storage in the wardrobe. Which would probably be a good solution, if we somehow manage to keep the cats out of the wardrobe, which is a difficult task in itself. If you haven't already noticed, the trend is a) finding a suitable storage solution and b) keeping the cats away from said suitable storage solution.
Tho that's not much of a issue. Once we manage to organise out spare room, I could totally keep my bags in the spare wardrobe, which would mean no access for the naughty kittehs. Hurrah!
So there are options, but in the mean time, in that box they will remain. The only other issue (other than getting squashed that is) in keeping them in a box, or on shelves in dust bags, is forgetting what bags you do have, and/or not being able to review a bag that's suitable for your outfit - not that I choose my handbags in relation to outfits, my selections are centred around moods. So I came up with the genius idea of having a handbag "preview" sheet, with pictures and small descriptions, which I currently have pinned to the wall in my wardrobe (near where I keep my jewellery). This way I never forget a bag, and I can keep them in rotation. It also means that I don't have to rifle around in a box everyday, looking and then trying to decide which one I want to use. It's all right there, on the paper! Sweet.
Anyway, I've rambled enough about the storage of my handbags, and haven't really shown you the ones I have. So here goes:
1. The Fluevog Bag
This is my Fluevog red leather handbag, and by far the most awesome bag in my collection. I coveted this one in the store whilst we lived in Vancouver, and lamented the fact that it was way out of my price range, and far too beautiful a piece to ever adore my arm. I'm quite fortunate that Bjorn is both observant and thoughtful. He actually bought this bag for me, and held onto it for some 1-2 years, finally giving it to me for when we returned to NZ.
I absolutely love this bag. My favourite things about this bag are the details, and care in which it was made.
2. The Jag Bag
This is my Jag bag, it's a lovely deep purple colour and whilst it looks small, you'd be surprised about the amount of crap I can ram in there.
The thing I love most about this bag is the wear. I know that, that might sound strange, I mean who likes wear? Well, on this bag, since it's quality leather, the wear makes it super duper soft. The wrinkles give it character, and I love that.
3. The Suede Bag
You probably all recognise this bag, as it's one of the newer bags in my collection. I had an itch I had to scratch when I got this bag, and I was fortunate enough to still have some birthday vouchers lying around, waiting to be spent. I knew that I was after a suede tasseled handbag, so when I saw this one I fell in love. And lucky for me, the price worked out to be the exact amount I had left in vouchers! Lets just say it was meant to be.
What I love most about this bag is the lining, hot pink on a brown suede bag? YES PLEASE! To me it's not just about the outside, but also the inside, so lining is VERY important in my book (and can only be disregarded if the outside is exceptional). Love, love, LOVE IT.
4. The Fiorelli Bag
You know bags like this are meant to be when the stars align. With this bag, I coveted it, pined, whined and was fortunate enough to be able to purchase it a) on sale and b) with gift vouchers. When all other bags fail, this one is always there, waiting to shine.
I have two favourite parts of this bag, the lining and the shape. It's one hella large bag too, so I guess that's a definite favourite! The lining itself is gorgeous, which makes me a tad trepidacious about using it on a regular basis.
5. The Yellow Bow Bag
This bag is so big it could be used as a weapon. It will also probably be the cause of any future back pain, because by using a big bag, you usually end up fill it up lol.
I love the lines, and the craftsmanship of this bag. The corners are definitely my favourite part, as you can see in this picture. The only problem with this bag is the colour, and how fast it gets dirty. Altho in saying that, I love the colour and definitely wouldn't change it.
6. The Mustard Bag
Bjorn got me this bag, after I hinted at it, from Accessorize in Liverpool (I fucken love Accessorize!). The colours, the patterns, the feel, all of these make this bag a favourite in my collection. It's not waterproof tho, so it doesn't come out much these days.
I don't have a favourite part, it's just an awesome bag all over! The lining is this dirty orange, the outside an awesome mustard colour, then there's the design on the front. Did I also mention how it feels? I could use this handbag as a pillow, that's how soft it is.
7. The Country Bag
This bag has a real country feel to it, with it's colours and the crossed stitching. I love the colour combination too, with the cream and the brown.
My favourite part is definitely the shape. It's quite different to all the other bags I have as well, so it really does stand out among the rest.
8. The Brown Barrel Bag
This was one of my first handbags, and it's still going strong, and looks surprisingly good after all this time.
My favourite part of this bag is the deceptive amount of size. It doesn't look very big does it? Yet it fits in just as much as the Yellow Bag does. I really love the shape of this bag.
9. The Pink Bag
I got this bag from ASOS when I lived in London. I fell in love with it, it went on sale, I got it, then it went missing the post for about a month, in which I cried and cried and cried, until one postmaster managed to track it down, which then in turn made me leap for joy.
I love the solid bottom of this bag, and the details. The bag itself needs a bit of a wash to improve the colour, but otherwise, it's a gorgeous bag.
10. The Swashbuckler Bag
This bag makes me think of sailing the high seas, lootin', shootin', drinkin' and pimpin'. Yarr! A large, and surprisingly comfortable bag.
I really love the details. The twisted strap (which is amazingly comfortable to wear), the detail on the fabric, and then the colour. It's one sweet bag.
11. The Orange Florian
Leather handbags + wicked colours + an outlet store close to my work = a dirty temptation I can't often resist. I need to fix the strap on this bag, and whilst it doesn't get much use, I wouldn't part with it. The colour is enough in itself a reason to keep it.
Can you guess what my favourite thing about this bag is? Yep, it's the colour. So blindingly outrageous! Tho I also really love the bottom of this bag, and of course it's typical Florian shape.
12. The Lime Florian
So you know how I said that Florian is close to my work? Yeah, dangerous. This is my second Florian bag. I only have two, which is pretty amazing, because I tend to pay them a visit at least once a week lol. Another awesome coloured Florian.
The lining is definitely my favourite thing about this bag. I mean, look at it! You thought the outside was bright, well be prepared to be blinded by the inside.
13. The Floral Sling
Anybody that doesn't own a cloth sling bag is really missing out. This bag is fantastic if you're going to be doing a full-on day worth of shopping. You can just sling it over your shoulder and never have to worry about it slipping off your shoulder, or having to prop it up every 2 seconds because some asshat has knocked it off in their shopping frenzy (think holiday shopping lol).
The space in this one is wicked! It has double pockets, which I like because I can organise and separate my handbag essentials into different compartments. I also really love the design. I do hate how dirty it gets tho, bleurgh!
14. The Metallic Bag
Like a Magpie, this shiny bag caught my eye. Photos never do this bag justice, it's far shinier and nicer in person.
The shape really drew me to this bag and is definitely my favourite thing about it. The strap is very comfortable and it's a fantastic hitting-the-town bag because it's not massive, it's big enough to fit the party essentials, and it's a freakin' shiny sweet bag.
15. The Pirate Bag
Cloth bags are awesome. Really, they are. And they can be made with truly awesome fabric. Like this one. My awesome pirate bag, yaaaaaarrrr matey!
I love the skull & crossbones embellishment. It really made this bag for me, even with the awesome fabric. I also love the shape. It can fit large books, and pads of paper, unlike some the other bags in my collection.
16. The Billabong Bag
This bag has actually surprised me. I thought it was going to be one of those ocassional useage bags, you know that are only good enough for when you go out, and don't need a lot of crap in your bag. Apparently not, since it fits everything a normal bag does. I'm currently using and loving this bag.
The design on the front, and the colour. Defintely my favourite things. It's also small and doesn't give me serious backpain after using it for a week lol.
17. The Fake Snake Bag
I bought this bag in a frenzy, thinking that perhaps I'd live to regret it, but I haven't. It's actually turned out to be a superb bag.
I absolutely the colour and the pattern. It feels pretty nice too :)
18. The Motorcycle Bag
There's something about the colour of this bag that makes me thing of the colour of an old Triumph motorcycle. Which is weird considering I don't do the whole automotive thing lol. But it does remind me of that, and it does feel a bit edgy.
I love the width of the strap, and the connection between the bag and the strap. The colour is also something I really love.
19. The Liquorice Bag
It's not the colour that makes me think liquorice, but rather the texture of the materials. Altho I guess the colour is very licoricey aswell :) This is one of my newer bags.
The lining is very cool on this one. I've also grown to like the chain - something I disliked before on bags because they would always rip my hair out.
-------------------
And there you have it! That's my handbag collection. I'm sure there will be more coming, there always is. Bjorn always asks me, after I get a new bag, "is this the last?" Well, sorry Bjorn, I don't think it ever will be the last!






































